Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Summer of Books

With the end of summer looming near, I have started to reflect on all that I have done this summer. The thing that stands out the most is the amount of reading I have been able to do. And not just any reading, FUN reading that I won't be able to do again until probably next summer. 

Some people might not think this is a great way to spend summer, but I have loved it. I don't get to do any fun reading during the school year, so I've been able to catch up on everything I've wanted to read from the past year!

Because I haven't been consistent about doing a book review for each read, I will not try to do them all in this one post. Instead, I will link each title with a webpage containing the synopsis for the book. But know, each book has given me a little bit of a new perspective to how I think, act, and live. 





The Matched Series (Matched, Crossed, and Reached) by Ally Condie




I think the books that have impacted me the most this summer have been West of Independence, Matched, and Daisy. 

West of Independence taught me about having love for everyone, no matter their beliefs.
Matched taught me to think for myself and to make my own choices.
Daisy taught me that my life really is blessed, and that some of your best friends can come from the most unlikely places. 

What books have you read lately? :)

1 comment:

  1. Shatter Me series!!! SO good :) I can't wait to read ALL of these!! Thanks for sharing B :) Glad you had a good summer. I love reading! So jealous I didn't have much time to do so!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...