Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

Well, for those of you that read my Valentines Day post, you know that I don't like Mother's Day very much either. But putting my bias aside for a moment, I want this post to be about my mom.
So basically my mom is awesome. Probably cooler than your mom. Ha ha Just Kidding, but she is basically the best! Just to tell you how cool she is, when she walks into Copper Hills High School, the students in the halls all know her and call her "Mama Ham" So yeah, she is pretty awesome.

Anyways, I love my mom. I don't know where I would be without her. She has been through so many things with me, the good and the bad. With all of my crazy injuries, she was always the one taking me to the doctors, getting me ice and Motrin, and dealing with me complaining about how they always happen at the worst times. She got me through all three of my losses for student government, and when I went into my crazy depression because of it, she was always there to cheer me up. Then when I got called to seminary council, she was there to celebrate with me. Like I said, through the good and the bad, she was there.

She has been a huge part of my dance life as well. Even when she didn't know what I was talking about in clogging and dance language and about my solos, she would always agree with me and tell me that I was doing awesome. She has been to all but one of my dance competitions and the only one that she has ever missed was this past competition in Ogden because she had to run a bridal shower for my cousin, but she drove me to the venue, then went back to Salt Lake, then back to Ogden. I would say that is pretty amazing. When I got discouraged because I didn't do as well as I wanted to, she was the one telling me that I did awesome and that would listen when I would vent about it. My mom is one of the ultimate dance moms. She would always have snacks, drinks, and especially breakable ice packs, medical tape, and medicine if anyone got hurt, which was usually me. Even when I got old enough to drive myself to my competitions, she always came anyways, even though she could have been doing so many other things on a Saturday.
A funny inside joke that my mom and I have is we love to go on random late night Walmart runs. We have a tradition that we always go one on the Thursday Night of my St. George competition. Then while we are there, especially the one in St. George because no one knows us at all, we pretend to super hate each other and we yell at each other and say "Are you handling it??" "I'm handling IT!" and then go to the next aisle and laugh hysterically. Yeah, we are a little crazy, but that's how we roll. Ha ha :)

Anyways, I do love my mom, even if I don't like Mother's Day. 

2 comments:

  1. your comment on my blog was not random and i loved reading it! who is leaving on a mission? p.s. i love your mom. i miss her. believe it or not, but her example of her 5:30 a.m. Curves workout's motivate me to workout myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like tons of my friends. Tommy Tautkus, Anthony Nixon, Scott Simpson, Zach Ellis, Brenton Hull, Bryant Kesler, Matt Earl, Jake Lewis. They all leave from now to like September, most of them sooner than later. Ha ha I will have to tell her :) It will make her day! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...