Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Start of a New Wave

It is the start of a new wave of missionaries leaving in my life. There were a couple of my friends that left at the beginning of the school year: Jordan, Quinn, and Brady. Then there hasn't been any for a couple of months. Now, it is the start of a new round. My wonderful friend Tommy Tautkus leaves tomorrow to the Provo MTC, where he will learn the Russian language to be able to then serve in the Ukraine Donetsk Mission. I went over to his house today to say goodbye and I didn't think it would be this hard....but as I left his house, I balled like a baby. I'm going to miss him a lot.
I am going to miss our little "fights" over Utah vs. BYU, our High School Musical texts back and forth, and he will always be Obi wan-Kenobi and me Darth Vader ;) Tommy is going to be an amazing missionary and the people in Ukraine are so lucky that they get to be taught the wonderful gospel of Jesus Christ by him. I love and will miss you Tommy!

Also, my best friend Alley's older brother, Brock, goes into the MTC tomorrow. He will be serving the people of Bolivia. 

After Tommy and Brock, I think that I have friends going into the MTC almost every week. Anthony, Scott, Josh, Sean, Zach, Brenton, Bryant, Jake, Matt, and Ty all have their calls and will be leaving between now and the end of the year.

With all of my friends leaving soon, it makes me want to go on a mission even more. Even though I still have to wait 2 years to leave, with every farewell talk that I go to and every stake mission prep class I attend, I am more and more excited to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...