Thursday, January 3, 2013

Tres Leches Cupcakes

Culinary Mysteries by Josi S. Kilpack

So I've loved this series for a while. 
This book came out in Fall 2012, but because of school, leisure reading wasn't really an option.
My dad then gave it to me for Christmas! I was really excited and I have already finished it! I loved it! 
Josi did good again :)

This series is about a middle-aged woman named Sadie Hoffmiller. 
Sadie loves to cook and also loves to eat. She is kind of a "food connoisseur" if you will.
She also has an affinity for murder investigations, which then leads her to eventually end up in the middle of everything. Sometimes she sticks her nose where it doesn't necessarily belong, but a lot of the time these things just happen to her.

While she is in the middle of her adventures, she still finds time to try new foods and to make old, but good, dishes. Because of this, at the end of every chapter that a new food or recipe is mentioned, the recipe for that dish is listed.
It has made me want to cook more and become more domestic a bit!
*I know, weird right??*

The next book in the series, Baked Alaska, comes out Spring 2013! So excited!

This book, Tres Leches Cupcakes, is the 8th book in the series. 
Each book can stand alone, with it's own individual story, but there is a back story that goes chronologically throughout all of the books (personal life, previous experiences, family life, etc.). 

I first got into the series by reading the 4th book, Key Lime Pie, but then went back and have read the rest of the other books in order. 

I definitely recommend this book, as well as all the others in the series! I do suggest that you read them in order, it makes them easier to keep track of all the different characters and such. 

To learn more, visit Josi's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...