Sunday, February 3, 2013

Superbowl Surmises

Watching the Superbowl
Eating great food
Lets get this Niners
A win would be good!

I would like to recognize that I just thought that up in a period of about 30 seconds. 
It is the 4th Quarter with 4:28 left in the game and the 49ers are down by 2. I gotta have faith that they can pull it out! 

Anyways, vegging on the couch, eating my weight in bread and spinach artichoke dip, and feeling guilty that I haven't been working on my homework at all, I decided that to not feel so guilty that right now would be a good time to think and blog. 

This weekend has been a pretty interesting one. Friday day I got to watch my High School Drill Team, the Copper Hills Azurettes, take state for the first time! Then, I got to go over to my great friend Whitney's house and watch a movie with some great friends and some fairly attractive men :) Eye Candy is always great right??

Then, Saturday was interesting. I had my LDSSA retreat up at Camp Tracy. We had dinner (Cafe Rio, awesome as always), then had some leadership training, then went sledding. It was a pretty fun night, but I just felt out of the loop with everyone. Maybe it was cause the sledding was kind of terrifying and the hill was way longer than I expected. 

Then on the way back to the institute,there was a conversation in the car I was in that I had to hold my tongue multiple times. Turns out, the other girl in the car had the same thoughts as I did. To sum it up, one of the guys in the car was talking about how he was glad that girls could go on a mission sooner so that he wouldn't have to wait as long to marry a returned sister missionary that was younger than him, and that he only wants to marry a returned missionary because they "are better" than women who don't go on a mission (Those weren't his exact words, but that was what I took from what he said). The other girl in the car is in the same boat as I am. We want to go and have always thought about going, but we are meant to stay here for right now. 

Alright, now to what I really wanted to post about. Is that really what young single adult men are thinking? That if a girl isn't going on a mission that something is wrong with her? I don't know if any guys read my blog but I am really wondering this. Now, I am sure that not all guys think this, but is it pretty common nowadays? 

Anyways, the Niners just lost. Boo. But it's ok, I'm not super upset about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...