Sunday, March 3, 2013

The week that an Apostle comes to visit!

This week has been an interesting one. 
My emotions have been on quite the rollercoaster (California Screamin' to be precise)
I have been so happy and so sad, so excited and so confused, so motivated and so bleh. 

On Wednesday, I went to the temple. The Salt Lake Temple. 
I had never been inside the SL Temple to do baptisms before, so it was a really cool experience. 
My best friend Kara, she just knows me so well. Whether she knew I needed to go to the temple or not, she was influenced by the spirit on exactly the way to get me there. Once I was in her car, driving to her apartment (like we normally do on Wednesdays), she told me that her and Jordan (her husband) were going to the temple that night to do a session and that I should come with them and do baptisms while they were in their session. I felt stressed with school and really felt I needed to study anatomy, but I kinda couldn't just stay at their place with them gone.
So I went. And it was exactly what I needed.

Fast forward to today. 
I walk into church and into my Sunbeams classroom. The new teacher is in there already, and a few minutes after I come in, her husband comes in the door and says, "I can't remember his name, but one of the 12 Apostles is here!" 
So she leaves to go and see who it is and comes back to report that it is 
Elder Dallin H. Oaks!
Of course I then have to go see, and sure enough, he was sitting at the front of priesthood meeting. 
The first 2 hours of church go by as normal with my adorable little beamers. Then, I get to sacrament meeting and he is still here, just sitting on the stand.
I asked my mom why he was here and she said, "He just told the Bishop that he wanted to visit a ward and see how the church was doing in West Jordan." And he chose our ward! How awesome is that??
Lets just say that I have never seen a Fast and Testimony meeting where there was a constant stream of people sitting on the stand, waiting for their turn to bear their testimony. 
It was such a great meeting and the spirit was so strong. It's not everyday that an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ is in your midst and your are able to shake his hand. He is such a great man and the spirit testified to me that he is a true Apostle of our Heavenly Father. 

I am so grateful to be able to live in this time where we have a living Prophet and Apostles upon the earth to teach us and guide us. I don't usually bear my testimony on my blog, but today I just feel that it is what I need to do. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He loves me and knows who I am individually. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church upon the earth and that the Power of the Priesthood has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. 
I say these things in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Totally awesome. Temples and Apostles are certainly some of the biggest blessings in my life! I'm glad you got to do baptisms in the SL temple, I LOVE that temple! Also, I love your testimony. You are awesome. Thank you for sharing and for always being a wonderful example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been inside the Salt Lake temple either.The temple is my safe place. <3 But man is it pretty. Also, that is SO cool about Elder Oaks. What an eventful Sunday !! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...