Monday, November 2, 2015

August 15th, 2015, aka the Start of Our Forever

I decided to take a short break from my Utah Girl/Cali Boy series to let you all know about our wedding day!

The week leading up to the 15th, I worked an 8 hour shift on Monday, had a 3 hour class on Tuesday, then worked 12 hour day shifts on both Wednesday and Thursday. On Thursday my manager came up to me and said, "Aren't you getting married in like 2 days? Why are you here??" At times I wondered the same thing, but I am glad that I did work, because it made the days go by faster and I was making money, which is always a plus!

Friday, the day before the wedding went by fairly quickly actually. My mom and I finished up a few reception preparations throughout the day, cleaned the house, etc. Cam's parents and grandma had gotten into town the day before, so I spent some time at Cam's house with them.




That night, my mom and sister went out to dinner for my "bachelorette party" at Applebee's. We had virgin Strawberry Daiquiri's! It was delish! After dinner, I realized that I hadn't gotten any shoes to wear the next day, so we went to Payless and got me some. Then my sister had to go home to put her daughter to bed, so mom and I headed home as well. I didn't want my party to end just yet though, so my brother, parents and I played Mario Kart on the Wii for a few hours. It was a blast! Then, I headed to bed, hoping that I would be able to sleep throughout the night.



*Side note: Apparently August 15th was a super popular day to get married, because even calling a few months in advance the earliest time we could get at the temple was 11am. My mom was worried that it was gonna end up being super late in coordination with a luncheon, but it actually worked out pretty well.*

I got up around 8am, showered, ate a bit of breakfast, and then my sister came over to do my hair. We had to be at the Oquirrh Mountain temple at 10am, which worked out great so that I didn't feel rushed, and I was able to sleep in to a reasonable hour. Mom and I headed out the door around 9:45 and met Cam in the front of the temple right before 10. We then headed into the temple, about to start our forever.


 photo beccasig_zps2c2033ee.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...